Thursday, February 9, 2012

No Conditions

God didn't choose me because of anything I am capable of doing. In fact, Scripture says there there was almost nothing to me. In spite of that He has positioned me and saved me simply because He loves me. I think that I gain a glimpse of this as I love my children & my wife. It is the notion of loving someone simply because of who they are and the relationship we share.

Unfortunately this is in contrast to most of the other relationships in our life that are based on performance and recent history. Even within the church it can become about the most recent thing we have done-tithing, serving, kind words-that determine the level of love we receive from other people. It is difficult to replicate, but it is that unconditional love from God that is shown to us that we are called to extend to others. That begins to happen (in our own flawed fashion) when we recognize the value that God has for each of us. Seeing what God does in us and then transferring that compassion to others is one of the worthiest endeavors we can engage in.


GOD wasn't attracted to you and didn't choose you because you were big and important--the fact is, there was almost nothing to you. He did it out of sheer love...   Deuteronomy 7:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment