Sunday, March 1, 2015

Hunker Down


The flu bug has infiltrated my home and sickened my family. My wife kicked it off a week and a half ago when she was laid up in bed for five days. Even though we tried to keep everyone at a distance it soon hit my youngest two daughters. My oldest and I thought we had avoided it and then she was struck with the bug this morning. At this point I am holding out hope that I can stay away from it even though the odds are not in my favor. No amount of disinfectant, vitamin C, and water seems to be enough to keep it at bay.

I suppose that the greater life lesson in this is found by admitting that even with the best preventative care, I can't stop all things from happening. No matter how much we prepare we won't always be ready for what is coming. When those events strike we learn to care for ourselves the best we can and endure until things get better. It's not a perfect solution, but if you can't avoid the tough times you have to find a way to survive them.

No comments:

Post a Comment