Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Century Mark


I literally crossed a significant mile marker yesterday in my private life that I would never have thought possible. I have now cumulatively run 100 miles this year. I know it may not seem like much to some, but it's a big deal to me. For years I told myself that I couldn't run for several reasons and yet now I find myself having to refrain from running every day. It has become something that I greatly anticipate and find more joy in than I ever did when I was younger. It's funny how your perspective changes once you have a small taste of success.

If I hadn't taken the chance to see what my body is capable of doing I never would have discovered the satisfaction of running. If I had chosen to believe the things I told myself (your body won't allow you to run, you can't do this) my negative self-talk would have defeated growth before I ever attempted it. Sometimes the only way to shut up the inner negative voice is to jump into action and find out you're capable of more than you thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment