Thursday, February 26, 2015

Prep Time


I once read an article about Peyton Manning, NFL quarterback, and his thoughts on his role. He said there were times after a game when he wished he had made a better decision at a particular moment, but he never wished that he had prepared more. Peyton's message was that he always prepared effectively even if his execution wasn't perfect.

I am certain that my execution in my role will not always be perfect. This is true whether I'm describing my parenting, teaching, leading, or pastoring. I will most certainly stumble and make mistakes, but I can focus on being as prepared as possible. I can be sure to pray intentionally, meditate carefully, read voraciously, and examine myself daily as I work to prepare for whatever may come my way. I don't want my regrets to be based in laziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment