Saturday, February 21, 2015

I've Got a Plan

“Ah, stubborn children,” declares the Lord, “who carry out a plan, but not mine...
Isaiah‬ ‭30‬:‭1‬


I like to have a plan. It can be a detailed plan for a particular day or for a bigger event. There is just something settling about having an idea of what you want to happen and how it should take place. The problems set in when we fail to seek God's wisdom in our planning. 

Far too often I am guilty of forging ahead with my own ideas and best practices and fail to bring God into the equation until the end. Asking God to bless what I have planned without any input from Him isn't really what He has in mind. How much better off would I be if I took the time to seek His counsel through prayer, meditation, and study of His Word? God would be deeply involved in the process then and not just sought out for His rubber stamp of holy approval.

No comments:

Post a Comment