Thursday, February 12, 2015

Arizona Missions

 The Apache reservation in Arizona has been an important part of my life since 2004 when I led my first mission trip to Show Low. Since then I have been part of 15 different teams and will now have my entire family out there this spring. It's a life changing event for each team that goes out west and we still share stories of what happened.

The best benefit is in the lives that we get to impact while there. I believe in the power of short term mission trips especially when you make a consistent effort in one area. The relationships we have built with the long term missionaries is an encouragement to them as they work faithfully each day in a tough area. We are also able to see the benefits of building trust with the Apache people as we 
continue to make an investment.

I'm excited about the group we have assembled this year and know that the total experience will have elements of newness mixed in with our familiarity with the area. Now comes the hard work of preparing for us to go.

My wife & I have prepared for years by asking for a simple donation of $5. We have been able to take care of our trips (even with expanding family members) each year through this simple plea. Anyone who would like to help with a $5 donation can do so through Paypal by clicking the link below. Thanks in advance for any help you can give as we prepare to head west.

No comments:

Post a Comment