I understand from personal experience the power of the spoken word and how damaging it can be to relationships. This isn't a new problem nor is it only an issue for me. The passage of Scripture above demonstrates the devastating potential of our words and cautions us in our choices. The good news is that we can choose the opposite of the verses above as well.
- A carefully placed, correct word can put out the fire of conflict.
- We can strengthen & build up the world and our relationships
- The right word can create beautiful, unified harmonies while eliminating chaos
- We can restore a person's reputation and protect their character
- At the first sign of impending fire we can quickly put it out with words of peace, unconditional love, and reconciliation
We have always had the power to build up or destroy with our words. Let's carefully choose which list of results we want to describe our speech.