Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Moving Calendar


I read yesterday that next week we will be closer to the year 2030 than we will the year 2000. That doesn't sound right when you hear it, but it is absolutely true. It seems a bit more astounding to me to think of it this way since 2030 has always sounded so distant & futuristic. Part of me doesn't like to admit how far the year 2000 is in the past either. It means that my girls are nearing adulthood and that I'm not getting any younger either.

I can't do anything to impede the progress of time so I suppose that leaves me with two choices. I can pretend that things are not changing or I can prepare myself the best way I know how. I won't be able to predict everything that will happen, but I can plan ahead to the best of my abilities and trust God to fill in the gaps. Forging ahead into the unknown with some semblance of a plan is better than ignoring the moving calendar and hoping everything works out for my benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment