Thursday, December 4, 2014

On the Ground

My wife & I spent some time in a local community this evening as we look for ways to partner with the people there. We wanted to see the condition of their local community center and get a better feel for how we can help them. Our church has invested in this neighborhood in our town for a while and we are looking to increase that commitment. While I have had several recent conversations with people about what is needed, I knew that the best way for me to gauge the situation was to put my own eyes on it. I'm a visual person that needs to see things for myself as I process.

I think it's a valuable principle for almost all situations. If we want to make the biggest possible impact we need to have first-hand experience & observation as our guide. Once we've made an individual connection our desire to make a difference is more personal. It's after that level of involvement that we truly become passionate about transforming a community.

No comments:

Post a Comment