Monday, December 15, 2014

Monday Is Over

It's been a long Monday filled with a variety of emotions and challenges. It has held moments of triumph, periods of reflection, stimulated thought processes, and yearnings for the future. There have been reminders of the brevity of life, the power of a miracle, the comfort of good friends, and shared prayers. I have witnessed tears, laughter, and beaming smiles. I have felt boldly confident in some of the things that I have said and also been completely flummoxed as to what to do next. Needless to say, there isn't a lot that has been lacking from today on the spiritual spectrum.

In spite of all that today has held, I can still hold onto an essential truth: God is still God and I am not Him. I don't actually harbor any illusions to the contrary, but it brings me great comfort tonight in the face of all that I have been a part of today. Our great King is still in charge and His sovereign plan will be fulfilled. When I don't understand everything I am seeing, this brings me peace beyond my limited understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment