"If something cannot go on forever, it will stop."
Economist Herbert Stein
This may seem like a fairly simple concept, but it leads to a number of questions:
- What does this mean for our concept of organizational leadership?
- How does this affect the way we react to family stresses?
- How does this help us cope with our seasons of life?
- How do we prepare for the end of situations?
- How do we react when circumstances are unbearable?
- When do we determine that it's time to let go of something?
The truth is that nothing here on earth will last forever. We need to prepare accordingly and be wise enough to move through the different seasons with some grace and patience.