Tuesday, December 9, 2014

17 and Counting

We celebrate a birthday today that we shouldn't be able to honor, as our oldest daughter turns 17. She and her sisters are walking reminders of God's grace to us and my wife's healing from cancer. This causes us to be even more thankful for each of them and especially for our Lindsay on this day.

Our sweet young woman is the oldest child of two firstborn parents and possesses her own independent streak that carries her forward. She is wildly creative, sees the best in people, and has a deep desire to make an impact on the world around her. I love her passion for life and the deep feelings she has for her friends. She continues to amaze me with her calm nature in the face of change and I love to have conversations with her as she shares her heart. I don't look forward to the day when she is no longer under our roof, but I am excited to see the adult she will become. I have no doubt that she will do phenomenal things that might seem crazy to some people, but make perfect sense to her. There is more to her than meets the eye and she doesn't fit any stereotype you might try to put on her. I love how much she loves her Savior and her commitment to making a difference. She is wonderfully & uniquely herself and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Every day is an adventure with her & her sisters and I am humbled that God allowed me to be their father. I hope your 17th birthday is everything you hoped for, my Lindsay-Lou. You are certainly everything we could have wished for.


No comments:

Post a Comment