Thursday, August 28, 2014

Trivial Trivia

Jayson Stark is a baseball writer and reporter for ESPN and appears on the Mike & Mike show each week with a tough trivia question. I think he takes great delight when they get it wrong and always asks great questions that have me thinking too. He asked one this week that I pondered for a few minutes and then spoke my answer out loud. When I checked back later that day I saw that I was correct. Needless to say, I was pretty pumped that I had figured it out. I'm not sure how impressive it actually is, but it certainly revealed the trivial knowledge I have in my head.

The truth is that I get a lot of trivial things right. The question I really need to ask is if I am prayerfully focused enough on God's message to get the big things correct too. Otherwise it really isn't going to make too much of a difference in how I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment