Monday, August 18, 2014

Finish Line

At my age I hope that I am far from the finish line of life. As I get older however, I still find myself thinking about that time and the legacy that I will leave. My focus is obviously spread over several areas in my life: Christ-follower, marriage, family, ministry, friendship, and leader. While my specific objectives will be different in each one of these, it is safe to say that I want to be able to finish well in all of them. 

I don't know exactly where my finish line is, but I can focus on finishing well along the journey. If I am committed to this principle through each day, week, month, year, and season of life, then the exact timing of the end is less relevant. Finishing well becomes my philosophy in each important piece of who I am. A lifelong commitment to excellence that is lived out daily will lead to the legacy I hope to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment