Thursday, August 14, 2014

Looking Ahead

I meditate often on a quote from Andy Stanley where he asks a focusing question. "Will you be where you want to be five years from now by doing what you're doing today?" It's a daily reminder that is written on one of my whiteboards. When I read it it serves as a reminder of the importance of what I am doing today and how it is building part of my future.

It might seem obvious to most people, but that question is really only effective if you have some idea of the kind of person you want to be in five years. If you don't have any objectives or even a directional goal, then it really doesn't matter what you are doing today. If we want to be forward thinking, holistically healthy people then we need to develop some concept of where we are headed and then work each day to get there. Our positive daily habits will fuel our future success.

No comments:

Post a Comment