Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Big Voice

I've always had a big voice. In fact, my voice changed early in life which took some of my teachers by surprise. To be honest, it took me a while to figure out how to use my voice properly. I knew that I had some power, but it took an 8th grade English teacher to help me develop it. She taught me how to use modulation and inflection to make a difference at the right time. I've had to work since then to learn the best method and time to use it.

Not everyone has a loud, deep voice, but all of our voices are important as long as we discover the right time and situation to raise it. If you are always speaking loudly, people will eventually tune you out. If you never speak up, you will miss an opportunity for influence and a chance to be a catalyst for change. 

Can we figure out the best method, time, and place to use our voice? I think it's absolutely essential if we want to have an impact that lasts.      

No comments:

Post a Comment