Monday, February 24, 2014

Planned Coincidence

So she went out, entered a field and began to glean behind the harvesters. 
As it turned out, she found herself working in a field belonging to Boaz...Ruth 2:3

Without the benefit of a Biblical history lesson this verse may not make a whole lot of sense. Suffice it to say, Ruth (our heroine) went to work in the exact field that she needed to for the most success. This man (Boaz) possessed high character and was the right family for her to marry into even though that was not her original aim. As it turned out, she was in the best position she could possibly be in for her future.

I don't believe in coincidence. I just can't bring myself to believe that I just happened to cross paths with someone or that it was accidental that I was in the right place at the right time. I've seen far too much evidence in my own life to attribute personal interactions to chance. I instead choose to put my confidence in a divine, sovereign God who sees more than I ever could see. I believe that He is guiding me into scenarios that are directly for my benefit and intended to guide me down the right path. 

Some might argue that my perception of this is irrelevant as long as I accept the "happenstance" and move forward. I would quietly disagree. My faith in God's path helps me to keep my eyes constantly open as I wait for these divine, seemingly random moments to appear. My willingness to recognize God's direction in all of this makes me keenly aware of the value of each interaction and incident in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment