Tuesday, February 25, 2014

First or Last?


Is God the first thing we turn to or the last? Is He an after thought once we've tried everything else or do we seek Him above all things? Our response reflects our true estimation of our abilities and the value we assign to God. 

I can admit that I've reacted to problems both ways. Sometimes I've stepped up to address a situation believing confidently in my own abilities and only looking for divine intervention when I'm unable to make it better. In other (frankly, more mature moments) I stop to ask God for guidance first and then continue to trust Him in the process. The interesting thing is that I have more peace when I start my process with God regardless of the outcome. I tend to react more calmly and with more confidence when God is my primary source of help.

In which direction do you turn when things get tough?

No comments:

Post a Comment