Saturday, February 15, 2014

Lack of Value

Are you in love with the principle of something or just the idea of it? You can talk about an ideal, but if you don't do anything about it then it's not personally important. It's a matter of moving from philosophical agreement to an action statement. Our actions (or inaction) will define what we truly believe.

  • I believe in saving for the future, but keep spending without a budget or idea of what I am working towards.
  • I love my family, but I am spending all my extra time on hobbies & not together.
  • I value a peaceful attitude, but I'm always flying off the handle emotionally instead of calmly processing.
  • I want to have good health, but I keep finding excuses not to exercise & rationalizing my eating.
  • I value purity, but I keep focusing on things that cause lust and refuse to get help for addictive habits.
  • I want to make a difference in the community, but instead I keep sitting around talking about it over coffee without being generous with our personal resources.

There has to be a corresponding action with a stated value or else it's not really a value. Define what's important to you and then figure out a way to do something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment