Friday, February 14, 2014

No Idea

It was 22 years ago today that Dana & I had our first date and 21 years ago that I proposed to her. She had no idea what she was saying "yes" to when she responded to my question. Honestly, I had no idea what I was really asking her. We just knew that we were in love and wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. We couldn't have predicted:

  • How hard we would have to work to see our relationship grow
  • The joy our three children would bring us 
  • The trials & triumphs that we would have in parenting them
  • The sorrow we would endure as we lost loved ones
  • The comfort we would gain from each other in those moments
  • The completely unexpected events of life (cancer, pregnancies, job loss)
  • The depth of connection and maturity these events would bring us
  • Our level of spiritual growth and focus on God
  • A level of completion that we bring to each other
  • The depth & intensity of our passion for one another
  • That this is the life we would be living right now

I couldn't have foreseen the winding path of our journey together, but I have no regrets. The uncertainty of these travels is that much more satisfactory when I can travel with the love of my life. I don't know what lies ahead anymore than I did 22 years ago, but I do know who I get to travel with on this path. That's all the security I really need.

No comments:

Post a Comment