Thursday, January 24, 2013

Renewed

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

I asked myself that tough question this morning--"Am I being renewed day by day?" If I don't feel that I am then the fault lies with me. God gives clear assurances that He will rejuvenate us daily even though our circumstances may not change. Our physical bodies will continue to deteriorate (no matter how hard we are trying to avoid that) but our spirit can actually grow stronger if we remember what's important. When daily renewal isn't the norm for us its time to stop and remember that this one moment doesn't define our entire life. We can regain momentum by focusing on God's eternal picture for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment