Thursday, January 17, 2013

Axioms

I am a collector of great quotes. They fuel my meditative thoughts, are the primers for my writing, and are used in messages as well. I write most of them down in a Moleskine notebook that I will often read back through. I find that they help me keep focused on what's important to me and the character that I am continuing to try to develop. Here are a few that might be worth reading a few times:

  • Hard times reveal where we are (and where we aren't) faster than anything else. -Andy Stanley
  • As important as the answer for which we wait is the work that God does in us while we wait. -Ben Patterson
  • The most successful company is not the one with the most brains, but the most brains acting in concert. -Peter Drucker
  • You can't get what you could have until you let go of what you do have. -Kem Meyer
  • Character is the ability to carry out a good resolution long after the excitement of the moment has passed. -Cavett Robert
  • Our personal visions must be released before God's vision can be embraced. -Shannon O'Dell
  • Dream fulfillers are finishers because they have learned how to deal with distraction. -Keith Cameron Smith
  • Jesus does not come to rearrange the outside of our life the way we want. He comes to rearrange the inside of our life the way God wants. -John Ortberg
  • Continuous effort-not strength or intelligence-is the key to unlocking our potential. -Winston Churchill
  • Heart is what separates the good from the great. -Michael Jordan
  • You can structure for growth or control. You can't have both. -Rick Warren
  • God does everything good in the end. If it's not good...it's not the end. -Louie Giglio

No comments:

Post a Comment