Saturday, August 25, 2012

Day Off

It's not always intentional, but with the busy schedule of ministry, the list of household tasks that never ends, and life circumstances (surgery, sickness, etc.) I forget to have a true weekly day of rest. I know that I am not the only one that falls victim to this, but that doesn't make it right for any of us. God intended for us to have that weekly break for reflection on Him and for spiritual and physical refreshing. I am always grateful for the day when I take the time to enjoy it & wonder why I only allow it to happen periodically.

I had no agenda or schedule coming into today and can happily reflect on coffee, reading time, lunch with my wife & listening to my children play in the lake for hours. I love how God gives simple gifts like the time to enjoy what He has blessed me with. I've got to make sure that I regularly pause my scheduled life to rest in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment