Monday, April 30, 2012

Gimme More


I have fallen victim to my desire for more. It's a fairly common malady that can be identified with by most folks. I need more coffee. I need more sleep. I need more time in each day to get things done. I need more energy. I need more time with my wife and kids. I need more money. I need more vision. 

My list of "I needs" could continue, but I have realized that my most primary necessity is this: I need God more today than yesterday.

I need more of God's grace. I need more of His presence in my life. I need more of His wisdom, vision, and clarity for my family and my ministry. I need more of His compassion for people around me. I need more of His genuine passion for people. I need more of His forgiveness for my sins. I need more of His patience in all aspects of my life.

I am not a better or worse person than I was 24 hours ago, but I recognize that as my relationship with God increases in depth my hunger for Him will also increase. It will create a daily awareness that causes me to press even more closely into who God is, and always be seeking more of His Spirit and influence in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment