Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Right Now


I am loved by God right now. Not because of anything I have done, but because of who He is. I will not be able to earn more of His love or increase my value in His eyes. I cannot preach a better sermon to change my standing. I cannot blog more frequently or write a statement that causes my status to change. No matter how much time I spend with my family I will always be a beloved son in His eyes. 

This is refreshing to my soul even as I struggle with grasping the concept. The culture that we live in operates mainly in a "what have you done for me lately" mentality that threatens to squeeze out God's cry of unconditional love. We find true rest and esteem in the knowledge that our Father loves us fully regardless of who we are attempting to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment