Saturday, January 28, 2012

Living Generously

I've been blessed by the generosity of so many people in my life. I couldn't even begin to name all of them and would have a hard time just giving honor to those from this past year. Our lives have been drastically improved and blessed by friends, family, and strangers who have shown us kindness.

True generous living is more than just an act or an infrequent occurrence, it's a philosophy of existence. Most people tend to think of giving generously and how it applies to their finances. While this is an important part of it, a truly benevolent lifestyle involves other aspects of our lives. When we truly are motivated by the desire to bless others we will do so with our time, prayers, compassion, energy, and service as well. It is marked by a genuine concern for others and the realization that all of our resources, tangible and intangible, are given to us by God and intended to be used for His glory.

With that realization in mind, I question myself frequently about how I am stewarding what God has given to me. I believe that He strategically positions us where we are to make the most impact with our gifts. The willingness to be generous in our current time & place is a mark of obedience and a revealing of God's will for our lives.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, these somehow are always so right on for me. I love this " I believe that He strategically positions us where we are to make the most impact with our gifts. " God can take our past mistakes and sins and turn them into a gift. It can be used as a positive gift from God when used to be of a service to someone else.... just sharing how great God's grace is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I firmly believe there are no coincidences with God. He does place us right where & when we need to be-we just have to be paying attention & take action. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete