Monday, March 24, 2014

My Best (Or Not)

There are some days when it seems like I am operating at maximum intensity and capability. These are the days when I feel like I relate well to people, I see how all the details fit into the big picture, my productivity is off-the-charts, and everything gels together. I love these days when all the parts of my life seem to fit cohesively together without any blurred lines or uncomfortable overlap. Unfortunately, this "perfect" type of day doesn't happen very often.

Most days I am able to do certain things well and then find ways to struggle through the other parts with some degree of completion. There are also those days (fortunately they are rare) where it seems that I can't hold a conversation with myself without communication issues. These are the highly frustrating times when it feels like everything I touch becomes exponentially more difficult.

The truth is that no matter what kind of day it is I still need to persevere. I can't quit life because I'm struggling in my communication or having a hard time thinking beyond the tasks of today. As a leader in my calling and in my family, there will be days when I have to battle through with less than my best stuff. While it might exhaust me more than the high-performance days, I'm sure that I will be made better through the struggle than when it all comes easily. I know that's the truth, but sometimes I need the reminder when it all seems to be an extremely difficult journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment