Wednesday, July 24, 2013

See Me

Investigate my life, O God, find out everything about me; 
Cross-examine and test me, get a clear picture of what I'm about; See for yourself whether I've done anything wrong-- then guide me on the road to eternal life. Psalm 139:23-24 (The Message)

God, You already know my heart. I am the one who struggles with its condition. You know me far better than I know myself and while I wallow too often in my own insecurities and fickle spirit, I pray that what You see is a man that wants to love You.

Please remove from me those things that offend You and create in me a willing heart to let those things go. I submit to You and Your authority in my life. My hindrances are of my own construction as You have removed the barriers and obstacles between us. While I may imagine a wall to overcome, I am the one who keeps building it up. 

Renew my mind today, Father. Refresh my spirit and fill me with a powerful sense of Your presence. I desire to know You as intimately as You know me.

No comments:

Post a Comment