Thursday, July 9, 2015

Finding Beauty


You can find beauty in many moments of life if you are willing to look for it. I found one today as I stood by the grave of a fellow pastor as his family mourned his passing. While we shared God’s words of encouragement the most powerfully beautiful words were in a song we sang together. There were no instruments, but simply voices offered up in celebration and hope. Some sang confidently and strong while others could do no more than mouth the words of the familiar hymn. While it may not have completely soothed their sorrow, I pray it reminded them enough of the commitment of their father, friend, and pastor and the promises of God to bring us to Him. Sometimes a beautiful moment of shared hope for what is beyond this life can be a balm for a wounded soul.

And then one day, I'll cross the river,
I'll fight life's final war with pain;
And then, as death gives way to vict'ry,
I'll see the lights of glory and I'll know He lives!

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone; 
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment