Monday, July 6, 2015

Simple Beauty


I love to watch a video which captures the graceful essence of the human spirit. It can be seen in the tender moments of a surprise proposal, a soldier arriving home from war, a random act of kindness, or in engaging another person with genuine interest and concern. I think these are appealing because they remind me of the good things in this world.

There is so much hate in online expressions of opinion and constant demeaning of anyone who looks, acts, or thinks differently. Watching these acts of kindness and love helps me see the positive things we are all capable of. Contrary to what we might experience in online conversation, I believe this reflects who we really are at our core. It more accurately mirrors the way Christ intended us to live.

Imagine the impact in our community if we committed ourselves to consistently sharing simple acts of beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment