Thursday, July 2, 2015

Birthday Time


Today is my 44th birthday. I haven't always made a big deal over my birthday for a lot of different reasons, none of which are actually related to getting older. In the last couple of years however, I've come to gain a greater appreciation for what this day represents.

It's another year to spend with those I love and to soak up the experiences we share. This new year is a chance to increase in wisdom and influence as I fulfill my calling. It's a chance for growth and refinement in my spiritual journey and to enjoy God's generous gifts of grace and mercy. Another year older represents the fact that God obviously isn't done with me yet and still has work for me to do as part of His Kingdom.

I've lived a longer life than I deserve and yet not as long as I desire. I'm grateful for the journey of life so far and look forward to where God will take me next.

No comments:

Post a Comment