Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Better Days


I like it when things are peaceful. There is something to be said for a sense of calm, quiet moments, and a tranquil spirit. The problem is when we tie this concept of peace into the steadiness of our circumstances. 

While I place great value on the smoothness of life details, there aren't many times when everything flows fluidly together. When I seek peace it is more deeply connected to my state of mind than anything else. I believe it's what Jesus meant when He told His followers He offered peace, but not as the world offered it. He was trying to communicate how important it is for us to find contentment and quiet in the middle of the stormy details of life. 

Our prayer focus shifts from asking God to make things better to being better regardless of the events around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment