I shared a quote from Madeline Albright on my blog a few weeks ago where she had been quoted as saying, "The world is a mess." I think that might be fairly evident to some people, but what if we're in denial about the true state of things?
- Are we calling something clean when it's dirty?
- Are we calling something right when it's wrong?
- Are we calling something orderly when it's in chaos?
- Are we calling something good when it's clearly not?
- Are we calling something healthy when it's sick & dying?
We can't begin to fix things if we can't admit things are broken. Let's get a realistic assessment of the world we live in and then let's get to work providing the solution.