Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Love Rekindled

I will readily admit that one of my favorite responsibilities as a pastor is when I am able to officiate weddings. Today I was able to preside over a remarriage for a couple as they came back together after being apart. Instead of an impersonal ceremony at the courthouse they decided to have it done here at the church. It was a simple crowd of two of our staff members and their beloved 16 year old dog. It was the best part of my day as it allowed me to be part of something very intimate and God-honoring.

I thought of several things today as I took part in this beautifully sweet ceremony.

  • The cliche saying that "you don't know what you've got until it's gone" is absolutely true. 
  • God is able to restore all things-not just some things, but all things.
  • Tough life lessons can produce deep-rooted love and understanding.
  • Don't take important relationships for granted.
  • Grace that is received from God and shared with someone else is incredibly powerful.
Sometimes a poignant reminder of what is important and a new beginning is what's needed for all of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment