Friday, July 25, 2014

Close to Perfect

Perfection is unattainable, but there are some times when the details come together in a way that is good medicine for your soul. What does that day of rest look like?

  • Waking up without having to get right out of bed, but spending the next hour in quiet, dozy, meditative thought and prayer
  • Coffee being ready when I finally rise
  • Two hours on our back deck with my wife, our dogs, and my Bible
  • A random conversation with a kind, older, out of town couple in the parking lot of the church
  • A lunch date with all three of my daughters filled with laughter and goofy stories
  • Running into that same older couple as we went to lunch
  • Parallel parking lessons with my oldest girl
  • Playing a card game as a family instead of lounging in separate rooms
  • A good nap with a puppy on the couch
  • Ice cream for dinner
  • Ending the night vegging with the love of my life.
I needed a day like today as refreshment from the weariness of the regular pace of life. It may not have been ideal for anyone else, but it was exactly what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment