Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Predicted Production

There is a business axiom that states: Your system is perfectly designed to produce the results you are getting. It might sound insulting on the surface, but it's merely a statement of fact. A machine that is designed to produce square boxes won't make circles. An inefficient system of shipping won't receive rave reviews for on time delivery. A poorly trained customer service department won't deliver excellent care for disgruntled consumers. It's impossible to expect certain results when you aren't doing what's necessary to get what you desire.

The same is true for our personal life. The thoughts, attitudes, words, and actions we are presently engaged in will bring about exactly what they should based on the input. If we don't like the results we are seeing then we should ask some questions:

  • Do I really place a high value on the things that I say I do?
  • What am I doing that is contributing to where I am at today?
  • What am I waiting on God to do that would change my circumstances?
  • What difficult adjustments does God need to make in me?

Addressing the dissatisfaction with our outcomes involves changing our methods or altering our expectations. We prove our maturity when we submit to God's transforming power in us as the first step towards improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment