Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Released

I am as guilty as anyone of emotionally and spiritually berating myself for poor decisions that I have made. I reflect on the damage I have caused to myself & those that I care about and sometimes allow it to paralyze me with shame. I find myself imagining the possibilities of "what could have been" if decisions had been made differently. 

This is a devastating cycle of refusing to find forgiveness and moving forward in the newness that God promises. Part of the process of healing involves our genuine confession of those things to God and a willingness to seek a change of direction. The supernatural transformation comes to us as God creates beauty out of the ugliness of our past choices. Refusing to accept that gift is a dangerous game as we find ourselves drowning in regret and missing the opportunities for brand new beginnings God is desperate to give to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment