Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Captain Plan-It


Some people might think it odd that I got excited to see a delivery from Franklin Covey today. For those not in the know (or in the cool crowd for that matter) this is the company that I have used since 1995 for my planning needs. I actually keep previous years--I currently have 2003-2011 stored in my closet & only got rid of 1995-2002 when we moved to GA. Needless to say, I am a proponent of the Franklin Covey planning system.

Part of my excitement is in getting something new, but I really think it is more about what the blank pages of the planner represent. It can be discouraging to keep doing the same thing each day without understanding how it all fits into a preferred future. Even some things that might seem beneficial on the surface don't bring the same satisfaction if I don't see how it is helping me to achieve my overall life goals. A fresh new planner is an opportunity for planning ahead & staying organized, but it is more of a reflection of fulfilling vision and plans to put that into action. As ridiculous as it may sound to some, it symbolizes hope for a brand new year and the continuation of the work that God is doing in me & my family. 

It's the potential for progress and trusting in God's vision for something new that stirs my spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment