Friday, May 11, 2012

Events Collide


This week is momentous for my wife every year as it rolls three celebratory occasions into one. We honor her cancerversary, her birthday, and Mother's Day, and all three are forever intertwined. 

If you read my wife's blog or have followed me for some time, you will know that my wife is a cancer survivor. This is her 16th cancerversary meaning that she has now been cancer free for that period of time. It is why she celebrates her birthdays with such intensity and joy-each one is a gift and she recognizes how God has chosen to bless her with another year. I don't believe it is a coincidence that this all happens in the same week that we celebrate motherhood either. Our children are a daily reminder that medical science can be wrong about some things, and their beautiful faces and hearts serve as reinforcement of God's miracles to us.

My wife loves the celebration of these life events and I am eager to spoil her while we commemorate together. It's a week that keeps God's healing fresh in our minds and causes us to not take any year that passes for granted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment