Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Consistency


I pray Psalm 51:10 frequently--"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me."

I usually pray this out of a desire for a clean heart when I find my thoughts drifting into areas that I want to stay out of. It becomes a reflection of things that I have done & yet don't truly desire to do. I want a clean heart before God because I know it opens me up to communication with Him and allows me to walk more closely with Him in the process.

It was the second half of that verse that really impacted me today though. It is the principle of having a steadfast spirit. It is one that is able to endure difficulties and maintain connection to God. It is a spirit that is consistent and does not constantly waver between old patterns of sinful behavior and thought. There is an implication of constancy and an equilibrium to our hearts. It reflects perseverance and the faithful trusting in God that will enable us to maintain our relationship with Him regardless of our circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment