Saturday, March 3, 2012

Who Am I?

In 2 Samuel 7:18, David asks the question "Who am I, my Master God, and what is my family, that you have brought me to this place in life?" He isn't practicing false humility, but is simply recognizing blessing from God and that he & his family have done nothing to earn it.

To genuinely worship God we have to come to the realization that all we have is a gift. It is true humility that recognizes the blessing of God in every small detail and that we have done nothing to deserve this goodness. Everything we have is a reflection of God's intent to show grace & mercy even in the small details of our lives.

When we accept this truth & teach it to our families, we raise a generation that intimately feels God's love for them and has a deep spiritual understanding of His provision. We need constant reminders of His loving kindness and blessing so that we never forget our place as His beloved children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment