Thursday, November 3, 2011

In Progress

I admit that I often feel tension in my life-not in any relationship, but within myself. It is the gap that exists between the man that I presently am and who I feel God is calling me to be. It isn't necessarily an unpleasant tension, but one that keeps me focused (most of the time) on what is next and how I should be preparing in the interim. It can sometimes be a touch frustrating as the pace of growth doesn't seem to be fast enough for me, but I have to remind myself that my faithful obedience in small steps leads to something bigger.

I finished typing up my end-of-year evaluation to submit to my boss today and it caused me to evaluate a great deal of that growth as well as look to the future. I know that I am a continual work in progress, but I think it is healthy to step back periodically to see what growth has happened. It brings me encouragement to know that I am on the right path-maybe not moving as quickly along it as I would like, but on the path nonetheless. The confidence that I gain from even the small recognition of God's work in me is worth the examination even if the tension reveals the work that still needs to be done.

2 comments:

  1. Spot on Craig, I'm at the exact same place in my life. All your posts for November are hitting my nail on the head. This is encouraging to read. I have an Oswald Chambers daily devotional, and some days I just want to keep reading the following days because the message is such what I need to hear I can't get enough. You're like my new daily devotional! Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that God is sharing the same message for others! Thanks for your encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete