Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The Right Course


I was talking with a fellow runner this morning over coffee about the 5K race we ran this past weekend. This was the race that had a confusing cone placement that caused all but two runners (my friend & I) to run a different course than what was mapped out. I told him that after we turned the wrong corner my immediate thought was that I needed to get back on course as soon as possible. I didn't know what the other runners were going to do, but I knew that I needed to correct my path quickly.

What do we do when we end up off course in our life? Do we even realize that we aren't moving in the right direction? If we aren't clear on the path we should be on we won't necessarily notice and will just keep moving farther away from where we want to be. When we are finally aware that this isn't right we've got to make the necessary adjustments to get back to where we belong. It will take some extra effort, but that will make our journey more rewarding in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment