Saturday, December 22, 2012

Luckiest

Eighteen years ago today I said, "I do" and pledged to live the rest of my life with this beautiful woman that I had fallen in love with. Neither of us could have predicted what the future would hold for us, nor did we have a real clue what we were getting into. 

We have weathered emotional storms and worked through disappointments. We have celebrated births, mourned deaths, and survived the scare of cancer. There have been raw moments of honesty, genuine forgiveness, and discovery of who we are. Our life has been radically impacted and then rebuilt even better. It has been (and will continue to be) a journey of hope, love, promise, laughter, tears, and fulfilling our calling.

She makes me want to be a better man and has influenced me to be a greater father, Christ follower, and pastor. She will protest and claim that the opposite is true, but the truth is that I am the luckiest man I know. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment