Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Wide Awake

I don't tend to sleep & rest too well--it's been that way for years. I blame part of it on my mind constantly working and being unable to shut it down. I actually don't have problems getting to sleep (I don't go to bed until I'm tired) but I do have problems staying asleep. If anything wakes me up then I tend to be up for the rest of the night or at least in a half-asleep, restless state.

It seems to have ramped up lately and I'm not entirely sure why that is. My typical response when I find myself awake is to spend time talking to God. I figure that He woke me up for some reason or my spirit is uneasy and I need to talk to Him. I find myself praying for my children, for friends that are struggling, for the future of His Church, and for my family to fulfill our calling. I don't regret the time that He and I spend together in the middle of the night, but the result is a very tired body.

Rest is a difficult concept for me on a lot of levels and I recognize that I can only truly find it in Christ. I'm the one who makes the burden of parenting and ministry heavy. He has promised me rest if I come to Him as I am and let Him carry the weight of this life. I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment