Saturday, September 6, 2014

Small Things Matter

As a pastor, I see a lot of marriages at different stages. I have been part of vow renewal ceremonies, crisis counseling, counseling simply for the sake of making their marriage better, and acting as an officiant as well. While I love to see marriage restored and strengthened I will admit to being partial seeing the beginning of a new relationship. Some of them tend to be more special than others and a lot of that is attributed to how the two of them interact. There are just some couples that fit so well together from the very beginning. You can already see how healthy they are going to be and how they will support each other. It's shown in a simple touch, a glance, a gentle word, or a calming presence at the exact moment it's needed.

They may not even realize the depth of what I see in them and yet I know it's going to be moments like these that will build a solid foundation for their future.

No comments:

Post a Comment