Wednesday, September 10, 2014

It's Not Perfect

In the face of the uncertainty of life I'm doing the best I can right now. What I do will never be as perfect as I would like it to be. The truth is that I will only frustrate myself if I focus on making the exact right decision with perfect timing at every opportunity.

Instead I need to keep learning from each situation, apologize when I am in error, and trust God to make things right in His perfection. I don't have all (or sometimes many) of the answers, but I'm trying to learn and make corrections along the way. Sometimes I might be anxious about making a decision because I don't want it to be wrong or for it to cause too much damage. At some point I just have to prayerfully consider my options, humbly accept the teachable moments, and move on with God's grace fueling me.

I tend to think it's fairly sound advice for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment