Friday, June 20, 2014

More Than Breakfast

I was preparing a few things to say at my Uncle Bob's funeral this morning and had my attention brought back to my November visit there. The Saturday I was heading back home I had set up a time to have breakfast with my aunt & uncle and mom & stepfather. My mom and Mario were running late due to traffic backups so I got to spend a long time talking with Uncle Bob and Aunt Nita. It was just the three of us for a good hour or so.

I always enjoy their company and this was no different. We talked about family and faith and people we were praying for. We shared our frustrations and deep desires for all of our family to come to follow Christ and simply rested in the comfort of bring with each other. It was a proper end to my November trip. I didn't know then that it would be my last time seeing Uncle Bob. It was only today that I truly appreciated that perfect gift of time together seven months ago. It was God's special treat just for me-a reminder that our Heavenly Father enjoys blessing us with small tokens of  his love. I will be forever grateful for those few hours over breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment