Sunday, June 29, 2014

Halfway Gone

In just two days 2014 will be halfway gone. I'm not necessarily thrilled with my personal pace of progress or change in these first six months, but I also tend to be pretty hard on myself.

I could lament the time that I have wasted and the incomplete (and sometimes neglected) steps of transformation that lay behind me. I could also choose to gear up for the next six months, recognize the gift of this time, and use the remaining half of this year as a launching pad for growth and lasting change.

There are really two options: be frustrated about the first half of the year or maximize the opportunities that are in front of me. The first alternative just wastes more time while the latter sets me up for success and personal growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment