Saturday, October 5, 2013

Coincidental God

I don't believe in coincidence. I know that sometimes it might seem as if things just happen to flow together at the right time, but I give more credence to God than I do to chance. This confident belief takes interesting circumstances and attributes them to the grand design of a sovereign King instead of trusting in happenstance. It doesn't take away from the "cool factor" of the occurrence, but it does help me pay careful attention when it happens.

If I hold fast to the presumption of God's design over coincidence then I have to observe each instance with respect and anticipation. Being in the right place to have a conversation with someone in need is no longer "lucky", but a choice I have to be obedient to where God is leading me. It's a grand adventure with unlimited potential for connecting, influencing, and bringing hope to people surrounding me. When I recognize that it's not my own deft orchestrations or personal power bringing success I can see where God is setting things up for the greatest impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment